Sources for KSU History
Students: Are you doing a paper on the history of Kennesaw State University? Start your research here!
* Brief history of KSU: Click here for Professor Thomas Scott's history of Kennesaw State University.
* KSU Web site: a good source for current information about the University, its programs, buildings, people and events.
* KSU Fact Book: for statistics concerning enrollment, majors, student demographics,faculty characteristics, academic programs, and facilities. Published annually since 1987; 2001-2004 available online, earlier issues are in the Archives.
* The Sentinel: KSU's student newspaper since 1966. The Archives has bound hard copies from 1966 to 1990. Issues published since 9/5/01 are available online.
* Yearbooks (Montage; Talisman). The first yearbook was published in 1967 and published annually (with the exception of 1991) until 1992. In 1993 the students changed the title to Talisman. The yearbook ceased publication after 1995, and was replaced by the student feature magazine, Talon. The Archives has back issues of all these publications. The yearbook is also available in the Library in the reference stacks (LB2310.M65).
* Access online magazine for campus news and events. Produced by University Relations. Back issues are available online to 5/16/2003. The "Quick Facts" link is a good review of statistics and major achievements of the year.
* Board of Regents Meeting Minutes (1996 to the present available online). A good source for decisions concerning Kennesaw State University at the University System of Georgia level. The Archives holds back issues of the Minutes in hard copy and microfilm.
* University System of Georgia publications, including annual reports, policies, historical essays, handbooks, legislative information and news releases.
INTERESTING COLLECTIONS AND RECORD SERIES IN THE UNIVERSITY ARCHIVES:
Scrapbook Collection (1965-1985) (includes clippings from local newspapers, photos, brochures, etc.); minutes and agendas for President’s Cabinet Meetings; Photograph Collection (from University Relations).
CAN'T FIND WHAT YOU NEED? ASK THE ARCHIVIST!
Kennesaw State University Archives
385 Cobb Avenue
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Phone: (470) 578-6289
Fax: (470) 578-9119
Hours: 9am - 5 pm,
Monday - Friday.
Please call (470) 578-6289 to make an appointment to visit the Archives.