Projects and Initiatives
LGBTIQ Collecting Initiative
The Archives at Kennesaw State University is actively acquiring organizational records and personal papers that document the activities of the LGBTIQ community in Cobb County and northwest Georgia, as well as our own campus.
Records of interest include human and civil rights groups, local government agencies and representatives, and arts organizations.
GBTIQ collections at the KSU Archives
(Please note: The first 5 years are available online through the Digital Public Library of America)
We need your help to identify new acquisitions and to supplement current collections. The Archives is in need of back issues of the Southern Voice newspaper, to replace damaged or missing issues. Please visit the LGBT Publications Collection page for specific issues.
We are seeking the following record types, digital and physical:
- Autobiographical records: Oral histories and personal papers
- Administrative: Project and program planning, meeting minutes and agendas, and publications
- Correspondence: Emails, letters, blog posts, social media posts, and news releases
- Committee and organization records: Meeting minutes, reports, and notes
- Speeches and presentations: Notes, electronic presentations, handouts
- Special media: Photographs, audio and video recordings, slides, and negatives
- Business and social organizations: Administrative records, photographs, social media, correspondence, publications, event documentation
If you are interested in donating your records to the Kennesaw State University Archives or have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.