Alissa Matheny Helms
Alissa Matheny Helms is the Digital Archivist. Prior to arriving at Kennesaw State University, she worked as Digital Access Coordinator for the Metadata & Digital Services department and as Metadata Specialist for the Resource Acquisition & Discovery department at the University of Alabama Libraries. She has also interned for the Alabama Digital Humanities Center, the Birmingham Black Radio Museum Project, and Heritage Werks.
When she is not at work, Alissa enjoys living through the Golden Age of Television, playing board games, hiking and running, reading, and doing genealogical research.
Fun fact: Alissa is fascinated with pop and geek culture and has a knack for remembering related trivia. Her friends like to call her the Human IMDB (Internet Movie Database).
- Digital Archives Specialist (DAS) certificate, Society of American Archivists
- MLIS, University of Alabama
- BA, English Literature and History, Western Kentucky University
- Society of American Archivists
- Society of Georgia Archivists
- Beta Phi Mu, Kappa Beta Chapter