JoyEllen Freeman is the Outreach and Special Collections Archivist. Before arriving at Kennesaw State University, she worked as an intern for various archival repositories, including the Archives Research Center at the Atlanta University Center's Robert W. Woodruff Library, the Internet Archive, the National Archives and Records Administration at Atlanta, the Roswell Historical Society, and the Fulton County Teaching Museum.
Outside of work, JoyEllen enjoys reading and writing historical fiction novels, going to Starbucks, and shopping for purses.
Fun Fact: JoyEllen is obsessed with Amish fiction novels.
- Certified Archivist, Academy of Certified Archivists
- MAS, Clayton State University
- AB, English, University of Georgia
- Society of American Archivists, Teaching with Primary Sources Committee, Co-chair
- Society of Georgia Archivists, Assistant Mentoring Program Coordinator
- Zion Missionary Baptist Church, Historian and Archivist